Reporting Blood Pressure

Home Forums Android medical apps Reporting Blood Pressure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Iltifat Husain, MD 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear All,

I’ve been working on an Android app for monitoring blood pressure. Being a user myself I can tell that it’s simple to use, but I don’t know what reporting options would be the best for medical practitioners.

I’d appreciate all suggestions you may have on how a good blood pressure report should be formatted, and what informations should be included. E.g. should the focus be on the maximum/minimum daily values, should only hypertension observations be included, is Pulse Pressure and Mean Arterial Pressure relevant, and what kind of graph would be most helpful.

Any examples of existing forms that you’d like your patients to use would also be very helpful. If you are interested in the app it can be found on Google Play.

The following is the bible of blood pressure management for health care providers in the US:

JAMA JNC 8

You should use the parameters that document contains, and you should cite it as well. That will give you a level of legitimacy in the app.

I see that I have used outdated references. I’ll target the new guideline in the next update.
    Thank you for suggesting it.

Awesome — thanks for asking this question. We love when developers try to implement evidence based / guideline based practices into their apps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.