App Review Request: MySkinPal

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Iltifat Husain, MD 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I represent a newly founded startup called MySkinPal. Our goal is to help people pay more attention to skin mole growth by allowing them to record detailed diaries of their moles. We have recently launched mobile apps for Android and iOS.

How it works:
    – People take pictures of their moles, using the built-in camera of their device or with an optional macro lens attachment. The app records dates and lets user specify other information (such as size measurement).
    – The app then reminds people when a mole hasn’t been scanned in a while.
    – If a suspicious mole is found by the user, the entire diary can be shared with a dermatologist via e-mail.

*** The app does NOT, and never will, attempt to automatically detect suspicious moles; all it offers is a tool to organize pictures, play them back chronologically and apply color filters to enhance contrast or highlight borders. ***

For more information refer to our website https://www.myskinpal.com

Please let me know if you are interested in reviewing the application. I’d be happy to provide more details if necessary.

Thank you!

Why health care providers would benefit from this app: dermatologists could use this app to get people to perform self-exams more frequently. The option that patients have to share the data they collect with medical professionals also lets dermatologists examine the evolution of a mole when deciding whether a biopsy should be performed.

What specialties the app is relevant to: dermatology.

How is this app different than the other self exam dermatology apps?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.