Evidence and literature used to support the app
Developed and backed by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Healthcare providers that would benefit from this app
- Family medicine, Internal medicine, pediatric, orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and residents. Also physical therapists and athletic trainers could benefit from this app as well.
- All physicians and healthcare providers looking to review or refresh hand and wrist examination skills could benefit from this app.
- $8.99 on iTunes; $8.99 on Google Play store
- Easy to use
- Clear information with accompanying video demonstrations
- Developed and backed by a reputable institution
- Expensive relative to value the app provides
While the app is informative, easy to use and backed by the AAOS, it still has the same flaws that the other AAOS physical examination apps have. With so many free options available online with the same information, we cannot recommend this app as a must have. Further, it is perplexing that the app lacks diagrams and robust search functions — critical elements to have in a medical app, especially one you are charging physicians for. AAOS should have a serious discussion with their app developers to see why such obvious features aren’t in their app.
- Overall Score
- User Interface
- Multimedia Usage
- Real World Applicability
- Device Used For Review
iPad mini with retina display
- Available for DownloadAndroidiPhoneiPad