53 year old African American male with multiple medical problems presents to your office for a medication question. He is currently on metformin, glipizide, simvastatin, lisinopril. prilosec, lexapro and multivitamins and was prescribed Abilify by his psychiatrist last week but has not started taking it. He is concerned about potential side effects and cost and wants to get your feedback.
Evidence and literature used to support the app
Backed by a reputable national association such as the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. According to their website, AHFS Drug Information is a drug information database.
Healthcare providers that would benefit from this app
- Family, pediatrics and internal medicine physicians, residents and medical students — but aimed squarely at patients.
- $4.99 on iTunes ($7.99 if bought as a bundle with Merck Home Symptoms app); $4.99 on Google Play store
- Very easy to navigate
- Excellent search function
- Evidence based and backed by a reputable institution
The app is aimed at patients to help them better understand pricing of drugs, get specific drug information, and manage their medications as a whole. Most of this information is available by simply using Google and searching for the content yourself — but if your patient wants an all in one app this has potential. It’s important to note this app won’t give them medication reminder alerts.
- Overall Score
- User Interface
- Multimedia Usage
- Real World Applicability
- Device Used For Review
iPad mini with retina display
- Available for DownloadAndroidiPhoneiPad