While the New England Journal of Medicine has had their image challenge app in the App Store for more than four years now, it’s nice to see JAMA, the “other” venerable journal step up to the plate and produce their own image quiz app.
While the NEJM’s app hasn’t changed much since 2010 — the JAMA Network Challenge app really differentiates itself by including a point scoring system, timer, and notification features.
In short — it’s clear the JAMA wanted to create a better image quiz app than the New England Journal of Medicine.
In the following video I go through the app: (must be logged in to view the video):
– Free to use
– Quality images
– Discussion pieces are useful
– Would be nice if you had the ability to separate various pathology, e.g. radiology vs ophthalmology vs surgery.
– While user interface is above average for medical apps, it can be difficult to find your way out of a quiz.
– Not available for Android
A great image quiz app that is designed beautifully by JAMA. I hope a version is coming for Android as it’s an obvious download, especially for primary care physicians who see dermatology and ophthalmology complaints frequently.
- Overall Score
- User Interface
- Multimedia Usage
- Real World Applicability
- Device Used For Review
- Available for DownloadiPhone