Clicking on the more tab brings up more useful features such as doctors appointments, medication lists, questions to ask and nutritional info.
The My Medications tab is particularly useful and my patient can freetext his medications and dosages, thus maintaining an accurate record that can be quickly updated at his doctors visits.
Any questions that the patients thinks of to ask his physician at later appointments can be entered and saved in the My Questions section.
The nutritional info section has a lot of useful information including conversion tables, healthier meal and snack alternatives and other tips.
The app is quick, very easy to use and has clear fonts that are very easy to read.
Evidence and literature used to support the app
- The app is developed by the National Kidney Foundation which is a well known and reliable institution and source of information. Further information available at www.kidney.org
Healthcare providers that would benefit from this app
- Primary care physicians, internists.
- Primary care physicians would benefit the most from this app which would allow them to better monitor their patients.
- This would hopefully lead to healthier patients while also allowing physicians to meet outcome-based guidelines.
Patients that may benefit from this app
- Patients with heart disease, kidney disease, hyponatremia.
- Very easy to use
- Clear font
- Reliably saves data
- Option to email information directly to provider allowing close communication
- Made by well known institution
- App spontaneously closed during use a few times.
- This is a must have app for patients with chronic heart and kidney disease, and is an app physicians should seriously consider recommending patient’s download. The fonts are easy to read, the app itself is very easy to use and does not have too many subheadings which makes it easy to navigate. The information is presented in an easy to understand format for patients and there is a lot of nutritional information as well.
- Primary care physicians who are monitoring these patients will also benefit from their patients using this app as it becomes easier to monitor them and ensure they are meeting the recommended guidelines and taking the correct medications and dosages.
- Overall Score
- User Interface
- Multimedia Usage
- Real World Applicability
- Device Used For Review
Ipad mini with retina display
- Available for DownloadiPhoneiPad