The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) assesses a physician’s ability to apply knowledge, concepts, and principles, and to demonstrate fundamental patient-centered skills.
Pharmacology LANGE Flash Cards is an app for preparing for the USMLE, written by medical students at Yale University.
Tapping on the Flashcards button takes us to a flashcard listing where all available categories are displayed. The free starter pack includes 10 complimentary flash cards organized into 11 categories. The complete set of 213 flashcards can be purchased in-app for a more intensive review. The Pharmacology LANGE Flash Cards has an interesting feature that helps you sort the flash cards into unknown, known and mastered stacks. This can be of great help while on the go.
Evidence and literature used to support app
- The app is based on Lange’s series of Pharmacology Flashcards.
- Full version for $34.99
- Very easy to use
- Information is great
- Sorting method for unknown, known and mastered
- Color scheme is dull
Healthcare providers that would benefit from the app
- Students taking the USMLE and others looking to freshen up on concepts.
- Pharmacology LANGE Flash Cards is a great way of visualizing flashcards and its contents are solid and easy to understand. This is a very good app for students who like to keep practicing in their spare time.
Type of device used to review app – Moto X
App version – 1.3
Rating: (1 to 5 stars): 4/5
- User interface – 3. Simple and easy to use
- Multimedia usage – N/A
- Price – 3. Both free and paid version offer solid value
- Real world applicability – 5. Excellent tool for students.