Purpose of App Review
- To find out if this app can be of use to medical students.
The Spot Dx app is a Radiology application designed to help medical students develop skills for making a quick assessment of clinical data and to arrive at the appropriate diagnosis.
It’s developed by KnightMair Industries, an independent provider of IT solutions from the United Kingdom for the professional medical community.
The user interface is extremely simple, a listing of the different cases available is presented.
There is an odd choice of font color regarding the UI. Having dark blue letters displayed on top of a black background makes it harder to read, the same thing applies to dark reds over blacks.
SpotDx: Radiology for Medical Students comes with 50 clinical cases in the full version while the Lite version only contains 5 cases. Overall, most imaging techniques are represented but there is a strong focus on plain x-rays and CT scans. The cases are quite representative and the image descriptions are good. The images, in general, are OK but some are lacking in resolution which can be an issue on a radiology app.
- Lite version is free
- Images are representative
- Font colors
- No links to online resources for further learning
- SpotDx for Medical Students is a good app for students who need a better understanding of general radiology although the UI has some issues.
Device used for review–Motorola Droid 3
Rating: (1 to 5 stars) – 2/5
- User Interface – 3/5 UI is simple but font colors make reading hard
- Multimedia usage – 3/5 Images are good enough
- Price – 2/5 Price could be lower considering the overall use
- Real world applicability – 2/5 Though it has its uses, there are better apps around