Purpose of App Review
- to review the breadth and quality of questions
- to review utility of the app for studying for USMLE Step I
So little time and so much to learn. We are always in search of a better, more efficient way to learn, remind, or cram all the information needed in order to not only pass, but to achieve our best score. Score95.com aims to help USMLE hopefuls study better in order to better prepare for USMLE Step I.
The home screen of the app allows you to create new tests, look at previous quizzes, assess your performance, and access app support.
When you create a test, you can choose to:
- access it in quiz or study mode
- use all or only unused questions
- answer random test questions
You can populate the test with a variety of questions. You can add questions in multiple areas, but in doing so, the only questions used will be questions that apply to both fields instead of either field.
At the end of the quiz, the test results page shows the number of questions correct and incorrect and allows you to briefly review questions.
The only change in the test mode is a timer at the top of the screen.
Price – $24.99
- multimodal features for quizzes
- explanation provided for correct and incorrect answers
- discipline performance analysis
- long length of questions
- inability to have questions from multiple, but exclusive subjects
- no references provided for questions or answers
Healthcare providers that would benefit from the app
Medical students studying for USMLE Step I or students/residents wanting to review disciplines tested in USMLE Step I
The 2000+ USMLE Step I Questions app provides a multimodal study tool to prepare for USMLE Step I. The question stems are longer than questions on the actual Step I exam, but may help train the test taker to find the most relevant and pertinent information in a efficient manner to answer the question correctly.
Type of Device used to review app – iPhone 4S
Version of App – 3.1
Android version of this application – available for $24.99 at Google Play
1. User Interface – 4. Easy to navigate around the app. Currently unable to access previously answered questions.
2. Multimedia usage – 5. Utilizes smooth transitions and includes high definition photographs
3. Price – 3. On the more expensive side when compared to other apps, but less expensive than most question banks for USMLE Step I.
4. Real world applicability – 3. Could be used on a daily basis while preparing for the USMLE Step I, but less use after completing the test.