Purpose of the Review
- The purpose of this review is to ascertain whether this app can be of use to physcians trying to classify lung cancers.
7.6 million people worldwide died from cancer in 2008.
30% of those cancers could be prevented.
The main goals of a cancer diagnosis and treatment program are to cure or considerably prolong the life of patients and to ensure the best possible quality of life to cancer survivors.
Defining your patient´s TNM stage is key in finding the proper treatment options available according to current evidence-based data.
However, TNM stages vary from Cancer to Cancer so having a calculator for Lung Cancer is a must have for oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pneumologists, radiologists, pathologists and medical students. Join us as we take a look at this app to find out if it’s useful for you.
The app’s user interface is quite simple. Upon launching we see a main screen with a button to “start” using the app. This leads us to the calculator screen. Here we can input the different variables for our patient.
Once we have entered the data, the TNM stage is computed and shown. The option to see the possible treatments becomes available. All information is sound and according to the 7th Edition of the Lung Cancer TNM Classification (2010).
- Proper staging
- Suggests treatments based on stage
- User interface is not very attractive
- Having a TNM stage calculator at hand is very useful and the fact that this app also provides the available treatments is a plus.
- The User interface is somewhat lacking but does not play a major role in detracting from the overall app.
Rating: (1 to 5 stars): 3/5
- User interface – 2
- Multimedia usage – 1
- Price – 4
- Real world applicability -4