Attention medical students! As part of their back to school promotion, Epocrates is again giving away its popular Epocrates Essentials App for free to qualified medical students. This promotion is for a limited time and represents a $159 value.
To take advantage of this offer, simply go to the product page, select your medical school and mobile platform, and then click “Get It Now”. From there, log into the Epocrates website with your Epocrates ID or create an account to gain access to the app for free.
Epocrates is a company that has a stated mission statement of enabling healthcare providers to deliver better patient care by providing the most accessible and reliable clinical information through the use of state-of-the-art mobile technology. The iMedicalapps Team has previously reviewed the various iterations of the app, including their iPad edition.
Healthcare professionals use Epocrates Essentials to:
- Review drug prescribing and safety information for brand-name , generic, and OTC drugs
- Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions
- Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
- Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
- Perform medical calculations, such as BMI and GFR
Medical students at accredited schools who do not currently have this app should definitely check it out. This offer is for a limited time, so interested medical students should take advantage of this before the offer expires.