Two digital health accelerators are nearing the end of their current summer sessions and are preparing for their respective demo days later this month.
Rock Health Boston will hold demo day on 8/30 at the Board Institute of MIT and Harvard. Anyone in the Boston area who wants to attend can purchase a ticket for $50 on Eventbright. Below are brief profiles of the seven companies that will be presenting.
Innov8 for Health will host an event they are calling the Launch Pad Startup Showcase on 8/30 at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal. Anyone interested in attending can RSVP on the Innov8 for Health website. Below are brief profiles of the companies who will be presenting.
Rock Health Boston
- Home Team Therapy uses online video and the Microsoft Kinect sensor to help patients exercise at home.
- Neumitra develops data-driven technologies to address the effects of stress on human health and happiness.
- NeuroTrak Technologies is a suite of behavioral assessment tools that can diagnose Alzheimer’s disease and mild cognitive impairment.
- NoviMedicine allows a dermatologist to diagnose and treat acne remotely and efficiently through a virtual office visit platform.
- Podimetrics is a home health device that aims to free the world from diabetic wounds, a condition leading to 100,000 unnecessary leg amputations each year in the US alone.
- Prescribable Apps uses SMS and web apps to help patients track their illnesses, allowing care providers to make better treatment decisions.
- Reify Health empowers medical experts with tools to easily create, implement, assess, and deploy mobile health interventions.
Innov8 for Health
- Caring Ties provides Connected Care Management web applications to improve health. Caring Ties was developed as a patient self-management and a care team support tool to enhance communication between patients, care givers, and providers reducing the care coordination burden for caregivers and improving patient adherence to prescribed health activities.
- Chronic Care Solutions focuses on improving the health and reducing the health care costs for patients with Type 1 Diabetes. It uses digital media and social gaming dynamics to increase patients’ understanding about effective diabetes management to support positive lifestyle behavior change and treatment adherence. It works with patients from initial diagnosis through long-term management of Type 1 Diabetes.
- I Feel Great – Apps uses simple mobile and web tools to educate patients on health care costs and health safety. Users can match local health care providers to personal preferences, track treatments and medications, and view how healthcare choices impact their pocketbooks.
- Satec Healthcare Solutions created the System Access Requested Solution health IT program to automate the otherwise time consuming task for hospitals to manage employees’ access to Private Health Information. This reduces the administrative burden of maintaining the high level of security required to comply with federal HIPAA regulation and to produce reports for external auditors.
- MedaCheck is developing a suite of software and hard ware solutions that helps to tackle the costly problem of medication adherence. The New England Healthcare Institute (NEHI) estimates patients not taking medications as prescribed leads to poorer health, more frequent hospitalizations, a higher risk of death, and as much as $290 billion annually in increased medical costs. MedaCheck, LLC is dedicated to designing elegant solutions that empower patients to take the right medication, in the right amount, at the right time.
- Betterpointment is a patient smartphone mobile app designed to kick-start and improve the quality of patient communication with his or her physician. Betterpointment is simple and fast and uses machine learning and patient input to generate an appointment agenda and a concise opening remark. Betterpointment helps physicians, who need highly relevant patient input during the opening minutes of the exam, by eliciting focused patient communication to deliver a lower cost and higher quality mutual model of healthcare delivery.
- Empowering Innovations is dedicated to helping empower people to reach their potential by providing real, fast, easy, & long-term solutions to address issues that hold them back. The company’s first product, MyFear Zapper, is an interactive web-based game that helps children aged 3+ build long-term confidence by learning how to face and conquer fears. The product assists therapists, physicians, and parents by using validated psychological techniques and gaming dynamics to teach children how to overcome fears and gain confidence.