Over the past few years iMedicalApps has become the definitive publication on mobile medical technology. We’ve been in the New York Times, Wired, academic journals, and a slew of other publications (iMedicalApps.com/about).
Our Staff Writers have been been recognized as being at the frontier of mobile technology — and publishing on iMedicalApps has enabled Staff Writers to flourish in their private and academic careers.
We’re looking to extend these types of opportunities to more health care professionals who have a good grasp of mobile medicine.
iMedicalApps is looking to hire five medical professionals who can write app reviews for iOS devices. ;You need to be a medical professional, have strong writing skills, and you need to be able to allocate time to writing on a weekly basis. We offer monthly payment plans for our staff writers as well.
Interested? Read on for more details.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to allocate 1 hour a week to writing (producing one app review a week). We’re all medical professionals, and we all know how much time medicine takes — so if you have a hard time managing your time efficiently, then this isn’t for you. Our writers are capable of working 80 hour weeks while still being able to put in time for iMedicalApps, and this is the type of commitment we’re looking for.
- At least one ;iOS device, either an iPhone or iPad
- Talent, a good work ethic, ability to listen and learn fast
- Medical professional filling the following category: medical student, resident, or practicing Physician. If you do not fill this category but feel you can contribute, we will still read your application
- One year commitment
The ideal candidate is someone with excellent writing skills and a tech enthusiast — ;someone who uses mobile medicine in their current workflow for clinical or educational use.
What you get from this?
- Tremendous resume builder. Our medical student and resident physician writers have often stated how being a staff writer for iMedicalApps was the most discussed part of their interviews for residency and fellowship. It clearly differentiates you from your peers.
- Letter of recommendation — the editors at iMedicalApps are happy to write letters of recommendation for staff writers who have been with the publication for at least one year.
- Ability to make connections in the mobile eco-system — our practicing physician writers have been able to establish themselves at the forefront of mobile medicine. They have had the opportunity to attend TED talks and other conferences free of charge due to their affiliation with iMedicalApps.
- Free medical apps — medical apps can be expensive, and we are able to provide them to our writers for free
- Fun times — medicine can be boring at times — but being a part of the iMedicalApps writing team definitely is not.
- Monthly monetary compensation
How to apply?
Complete the following form to apply: iMedicalApps iOS staff writer application
The Google form will remain open for 2 weeks and then entries will be closed. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we take 2 to 3 weeks after the entries are closed to respond.
The iMedicalApps team