Editors Note: We’ll be extending another similar offer for iPhone and iPad staff writers in the coming weeks, be on the lookout for this!
Over the past few years iMedicalApps has become the definitive publication on mobile medical technology. We’ve been in the New York Times, Wired, academic journals, and a slew of other publications (iMedicalApps.com/about). Our Staff Writers have been been recognized as being at the frontier of mobile technology — and publishing on iMedicalApps has enabled Staff Writers to flourish in their private and academic careers.
We’re looking to extend these types of opportunities to more health care professionals who have a good grasp of mobile medicine.
iMedicalApps is on the lookout for two Android staff writers to join our growing team. You need to be a medical professional, have strong writing skills, and you need to be able to allocate time to writing on a weekly basis. We offer monthly payment plans for our staff writers as well.
Interested? Read on for more details:
Working as an Android Staff Writer at iMedicalApps means you will help keep our readers up to date with the latest happenings in digital medicine from an Android perspective.
Specifically, the Staff Writer will be expected to contribute four app reviews per month OR three app reviews and two news items per month. In return, you will receive monetary compensation as well as valuable experience in the skills needed at a site like iMedicalApps in the domain of mobile medical technology. We are looking for a least a one year long commitment.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to allocate 1 hours a week to writing. We’re all medical professionals, and we all know how much time medicine takes — so if you have a hard time managing your time efficiently, then this isn’t for you. Our writers are capable of working 80 hour weeks and still put in time for iMedicalApps, and this is the type of commitment we’re looking for.
- At least one Android device but the more the better (especially if one is a tablet)
- Talent, a good work ethic, ability to listen and learn fast
- Medical professional filling the following category: medical student, resident, or practicing Physician
- One year commitment
The focus is developing understanding and knowledge of the Android ecosystem and how it can impact modern medicine. The ideal candidate will be an Android fanatic who has a good awareness of the type and range of Android apps available as well as the major shortcomings of the platform.
What you get from this?
- Tremendous resume builder. Our medical student and resident physician writers have often stated how being a staff writer for iMedicalApps was the most discussed part of their interviews for residency and fellowship. It clearly differentiates you from your peers.
- Letter of recommendation — depending on the productivity and quality of reporting, the editors at iMedicalApps are happy to write letters of recommendation for staff writers who have been with the publication for at least one year.
- Ability to make connections in the mobile eco-system — our practicing physician writers have been able to establish themselves at the forefront of mobile medicine. They have had the opportunity to attend TED talks and other conferences free of charge due to their affiliation with iMedicalApps.
- Free medical apps — medical apps can be expensive, and we are able to provide them to our writers for free
- Fun times — medicine can be boring at times — but being a part of the iMedicalApps writing team definitely is not.
- Monetary compensation
How to apply?
- Complete this Google Form paying close attention to the questions asked.
- Remember that being concise is much more effective
- Don’t forgot to include examples of writing/projects which you have done
The Google form will remain open for 2 weeks and then will entries will be closed. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we take 2 to 3 weeks after the entries are closed to respond.
The iMedicalApps team